Sunday, September 12, 2010

Calling all Family

Hello!  Here is a new blog I have set up for all of us to contribute to.  Similar to the family letters that Mom (Grandma Gwen) used to organize and send out to us all, this will be a way for the internet to help us keep in touch.  Many of us have our individual blogs but now there will be a central location for us to read up about one and all.  I have been thinking of doing this for a long time but haven't sat down to do it yet.

Reading an essay by Megan Vogel has inspired me to start this blog today.  It gave me new insight into who this niece of mine is who I rarely see but now know a bit better.  You can write updates or have your kids write here.  You can copy their creative work if it's awesome (or even if it's not) and post it here for all of us to relish.  You should also know that only the authors, as in those I have invited to be authors, can read this blog.  It is not open to all the world.  If you or one of your kids want to be added to the author's list just send their email to me at nttagg@gmail.com and I will send them an invitation.  As it stands now I have sent invites to all Keith and Gwen's kids, their spouses, and the grandkids who are on the family stats list.  If it needs updating, and I sent emails to the wrong address, then please let me know this as well.

I have had so much fun learning about extended family through blogging.  Rhonda's, Roland's and Diane's kids all have interesting blogs that I will be glad to post links to here on the sidebar (computer lingo for the side for you newbies).  All you need to do is click the links and check in on them if you have the desire.  So far I have set up family blogs on the side bar that are open public blogs.  I can take them off or add more as you wish.  Just let me know, I completely understand if someone doesn't want their blog on the side bar of this family blog.

Now without further rambling here is Megan's essay.  She had to write this for her English class.  It was her "I am Sarah" assignment but was supposed to be about herself.  I particularly enjoyed the part about the feet...

(I will be posting instructions on how to post in the next day or two for those who are confused as to what to do next)


I am Megan and I am extensive. Capturing the essence of who I am would take a lifetime of work, a mountain of paper, and the work ethic of a beaver on steroids. I am confusing and confused. I am something that I doubt even I could explain. I am Megan and I am an enigma.

I am Megan and I detest feet. Feet are one of the few things that push me towards violence. Feet are disgusting. Bony feet, flat feet, stinky feet, dry feet, calloused feet, and particularly big, ugly feet always seem to be in my space. I don’t even like my own feet. I am Megan and you had best keep your feet away from me.
 I am Megan and I am bubbly! Mix that with some hyperactivity and a bit of ADD, and you will get a big pot of me. This is me within the chaos of my comfort zone. I talk too loud, and I think too little. I am driven by emotion rather than logic. I am Megan and I am a highly reactive substance.
 I am Megan and I am the laziest overachiever you will ever find. I do math problems by hand, because I’m too lazy to stand up and get my calculator. I procrastinate, complain, rationalize, excuse and wing my way through life on a whim. I then get mad at myself when at 11:00 at night I’m still working on my "I am Sarah..." paper. I am Megan and I am sleep deprived.
 I am Megan and I am an artist. I am an author and my writing can give me a voice where often my voice fails. I am a musician and my music can convey any emotion. I am the rain dancer, the sun-shiner, and the puddle-jumper. I am strange, I am different, and I am Megan.

No comments:

Post a Comment