Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Brian

Today is Brian's Birthday and I am thinking about him.  This post will be a bit more challenging to write since Brian has not been on contact with the family for so long.  I love and miss our brother Brian.  I hope he has a great day on his birthday.  Here are some of the things I remember/like about my brother Brian...

Brian has several great qualities.  He is incredibly smart and motivated.  He sticks up for the underdog and he is loyal.  Brian has a sense of adventure and likes to try exciting things.  If you need someone on your side that will never waver, Brian is your man.  Look up the word determined in the dictionary and you will probably see a photo of our handsome brother Brian.

Brian has an eye for beautiful things.  He married the Lovely Dianne!  He has served in the US military and earned a couple degrees in Engineering.  He has 3 great kids who we all wish we could see more of.  I remember when he taught his very young daughter Rachel to say that her Dad was "32 and ancient."  I also remember that his daughter Rachel really really loved the primary song Once There Was a Snowman.  She would sing your name (or anyone's for that matter) to the tune of that song.  He has such sweet kids!

Things I can think of to share about Brian are that he stuck up for Rhonda when she was being disrespected at school.  As mentioned before on this blog someone got themselves beat up when they thought it would be funny to flip Rhonda's bra-strap.  Where was he when I was in middle school?  Probably on his mission.  Too far away to ask for help in that department. When I was quite young, he gave me a spelling lesson.  He taught me that there is a letter 'r' in the word 'shirt' once.  I had written it without one you see, and he wanted me to spell it right but not until he made me sound it out the way it was written.  I think that is where my swearing habit must have started.  He also helped teach me about the birds and the bees  by having me relate what my thoughts were and either 'confirming' or 'denying'  .  ...Thanks bro!

Well here's hoping we will get to see more of Brian in the future.  We love you and hope you have a great birthday.  If anyone cares to share a Brian memory feel free to comment or post.  I am sure Brian would appreciate hearing from you on his big day.  How old are you anyways?  '55 and ancient?'

Happy Birthday Brian!

2 comments:

  1. Kelly baby always remembers everyone great job!!! I saw your post early this time and did one of my own on our brother whom we all miss. Miss seeing you too kid

    Love

    Brian's Brother

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is late, but better late than never right? I remember going camping with Uncle Brian and the kids. We LOVED sticking things in the fire and one time we stuck a metal soda pop can in the fire. Uncle Brian was so worried he jumped IN THE FIRE and kicked it out. I remember I really thought he was Superman.
    :)
    -Candace

    ReplyDelete